Estes Park engagement photos taken by Taylor Nicole Photography | Estes Park Wedding Photographer
Sable and Matt flew to Colorado for an epic Winter engagement session in Estes Park last year. November in Estes Park is generally cold and windy. We chose Dream Lake, which is a short hike that leaves from Bear Lake inside of Rocky Mountain National Park in Estes Park.
We met while it was still dark at the Bear lake parking lot and hiked about 30 minutes up to Dream Lake. We started their session right as the sun began to rise. After a fresh snow the day before the trees and trails were all covered in snow which made for a very picturesque Winter scene. I photographed this session on both digital and medium format film. The film rolls were developed and scanned by Photovision prints.
If you’re considering a Winter engagement session I would suggest the following:
- Bring hand warmers and foot warmers
- Bring extra layers to wear as you walk to/from locations
- Bring warm shoes and a change of socks
- Bring a hot drink- hot chocolate, coffee, tea anything that can help warm you from the inside
- Bring weather appropriate clothing- layers, and finding nice Winter coats that will both be warm and photograph well
Not many brave souls opt for a Winter session due to the cold and wind. If you are planning a Winter Mountain session I suggest planning with your photographer and showing up as prepared as possible. Better too warm and needing to remove layers than too cold. Taking breaks to warm up the the car can be helpful too.
If you’re planning an Estes Park wedding and are looking for a photographer you can reach out here!
Be the first to comment